Alyson Noël is the #1 New York Times bestselling, award-winning, author of 26 novels. With 9 New York Times bestsellers and over 8 million copies in print, her books have been translated into 36 languages and sold in over 200 countries.
You may have read her novel series The Immortals, Riley Bloom, Soul Seekers or Beautiful Idols. Her Young Adult novel, Saving Zoë, is soon to be a major motion picture starring Vanessa Marano, and Laura Marano, with Jeffrey G. Hunt directing.
I met Alyson three years ago in Bali where I started writing my first book. We sat down to discuss how she created an impressive, successful career by following her passions and building amazing success as an author.
In this episode Alyson shares:
- How she became a full-time writer after working for multiple other jobs for a long time
- How she, after working with her first book for 15 years, got it published
- Her daily habits and pragmatic approach and guidance for aspiring writers
- When is the right time to go after your dreams
- Why failing and being rejected is important for your growth and success
- What "you only need one yes" means
- Why you need to take responsibility of your stories, gifts, and skills and make the effort to get them out to the world without believing what people say to you
Watch the video here
Or listen to the audio here:
Once you have watched or listened to the show, we would love to hear from you.
What is your big dream? Do you have the story or an idea in your mind that doesn't leave you alone?
If you have something you want to put out into the world, share your idea in the comments below. Let us know how does your first baby step look like and when are you going to take it?
I guarantee magic happens, when you put the intention out there.
Like Duke Ellington said: "I don't need time, all I need is deadline."
Also, if you know anyone who would love this episode, please share with your friends!
P.S. Here's two book wonderful book recommendations about creativity: Story by Robert Mckee and The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron - Enjoy!