Like every year, I did my annual review of 2016 this week. When I read my notes and journals, it feels that I was being tested, dancing all year on my tippy toes, falling and getting up more than 12 times as there was some kind of drama involved in every month.
The 12 life lessons from 2016:
1) Leave proper goodbyes for the past regularly (no need to stick with the new year cycle) and make clear decisions and choose what you want, dare to ask for more but focus only a few things at the time.
2) Our greatest achievements are born when we are following our inner leads and passion. Not the others, the rules or the books. Learn the lessons and do it in your own way.
3) Following our passions and dreams can be easy. We don’t need to make it so damn hard.
4) Burn the boats. Make things happen but plan B's put your plans on hold and prevent the progress if you are focusing on “what ifs.” When you set your desires, make sure you believe in them and in yourself. Make changes along the way.
5) The only way to get over the fear of failure and perfectionism is to do it anyway. See the fear, feel the fear and then - just do it. You will take a big leap towards your visions.
6) Learn from your fears. Don’t stand in the way of your own success. Find the root cause and do the work to release the old beliefs and patterns. It’s the only way to making the real, long-lasting change and preventing you repeating the same old.
7) It is an illusion to believe everything is under control. You can’t live for the future, live in the now and make better choices.
8) Relationships can be defined by the quality of communication. It’s not about them, it’s about you.
9) When you take responsibility for your thoughts, words, behavior - you will take responsibility for your life (and may lead it).
10) If something or someone doesn’t feel good, walk away (nicely). Trust your guts and save everyone’s time and energy.
11) Don’t try harder, try different. No matter you feel like you have failed, change things and move forward.
12) Learn to relax and feel more - take the time to meditate, think and connect with yourself. It's not a luxury, it's the way to feel more happiness.
Happy, Bold 2017 - it's time to make those visions true! I have no doubt, it will be exceptional, like never before.