Some days can feel like an emotional roller coaster taking you on a ride from shiny happy moments to anxious, negative thoughts. Busy schedules and hectic lifestyle can lead to draining and stressful experiences - we all know that!
Have you ever noticed how your mood may change based on others? It can happen like this:
Scenario 1: Your colleague comes back from a meeting and shares some good news: “It was such a great review, I’m so relieved!” or “These coworkers/company/everything just sucks!”.
Or like this:
Scenario 2: You meet with clients or friends and afterwards you feel like a wet wipe. You don’t know what hit you but suddenly your good mood is gone. You feel tired and grey. “Today was not my day! Maybe tomorrow will be better.”
Either way, we share our emotions all the time with others - what's your share? Day by day you can repeat this pattern and let the mood swing without control… But we don't like or want that, right?
Luckily you can reclaim your own mental balance and peace with a few simple steps - you always have a choice.
Being mindful of your experiences allows for choice. If you keep the door open to your personal mood space you’ll be receptive of others’ emotional residue. You may not have control of all your daily experiences but you CAN CHOOSE HOW YOU REACT to them.
The best remedy is to LEARN HOW TO HANDLE the grumpy moment when it hits. This can be done when you’re MINDFULLY present at that moment.
Conscious awareness = you recognize your mental state but you don’t let your emotions take the lead.
GROWING YOUR AWARENESS: A QUICK-FIX MINDFULNESS EXERCISE DURING THE DAY (it's never too late)
1) GIVE yourself FIVE MINUTES (set the timer so you can relax). By your desk, meeting room, public transportation, at a subway stop.
2) BRING your attention to your breathing: Notice your chest moving up and down - focus on it.
3) CALM your gaze or close your eyes if you can - the less sensory distractions the better.
4) INHALE a big long breath in through the nose-filling your lungs to capacity. EXHALE out through the mouth to let go of tensions. Relax into the pose. REPEAT 3x.
5) THEN follow your natural breathing rhythm for COUPLE OF minutes. > Scan your body with the breath. >All your emotions and sensations are alright. > Do not judge yourself. >Be interested in what you find from within. >It’s all OKAY! >Let the thoughts pass when they arise.
As you repeat this exercise daily you may find things changing. You will notice more laughter, joy and ease of being.
KEEP GOING and exercise. Your awareness will slowly grow.
"When you consciously listen to your inner quietness you’ll first face the foggy nothingness. Eventually, the invisible curtains will slowly open and your patience will take you to quietness (and answers)."
Can it be this simple?! The conscious breathing synchronizes the body and mind to the present moment: your power source. It reduces stress and anxiety while helping improve focus, memory, productivity and overall health. It adds compassion, understanding and ability to FEEL THE LOVE with yourself and others.
OBSERVE. When you live in the moment you awaken yourself to life. When you make daily choices consciously from that space you are CREATING the life you want and RECOGNIZING it. Suddenly you will experience what some just call MAGIC.
Go to https://jenniglad.leadpages.net/bemindful/ to get your FREE 5-minute mindfulness meditation!
Feel free to share you own comments or tricks how you switch back to balance in the middle of hectic day.